Spice up this sweet winter treat with cinnamon sticks and a splash of bourbon.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 4 c. whole milk
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. dulce de leche
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 10 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. bourbon
- Whisk together milk, half-and-half, dulce de leche, and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Return mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually whisk in finely chopped 70 percent dark chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pure vanilla extract, kosher salt, and bourbon, if desired. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm.http://countryliving.com